Swedish Skagenröra is a classic Scandinavian delicacy that will transport your taste buds to the shores of Sweden. This creamy and flavourful seafood salad features a tantalizing blend of tender shrimp, creamy mayonnaise, zesty lemon juice, and a hint of dill. With its refreshing and satisfying taste, Swedish Skagenröra is perfect as a spread on crisp bread or as a topping for freshly baked potatoes. Treat yourself to this Swedish culinary delight and experience the harmony of flavours in every bite.
- 400g King Prawns, cooked and peeled
- 150g Mayonnaise
- 1 bunch Dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Horseradish, grated
- 4 slices sourdough, toasted
- Caviar or Lumpfish roe to serve (optional)
- 1 lemon, wedged
- Chop half the cooked king prawns and put in a bowl with the remaining whole prawns.
- To the king prawns, add the mayo with the dill, horseradish and season.
- Put in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before serving piled on toast with a few dollops of caviar or lumpfish roe, if you like, a couple of sprigs of dill, and a lemon wedge for squeezing.