- 2 sole fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour, well seasoned with salt and pepper
- Splash olive oil
- 75g butter
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 lemon, halved
- Small handful chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly dust both sides of the sole fillets with the seasoned flour, then set aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil and small knob of the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add one sole fillet, skin-side down, then fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Carefully turn the fillet over and cook for 2-3 minutes more until both sides are golden and crisp. Set aside on a warm serving plate, lightly cover, then repeat with the second fillet of sole.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan until it starts to smell nutty, then add the capers and squeeze in the juice from one of the lemon halves. Stir, then spoon the lemony caper butter over the fish to serve. Sprinkle parsley over the fillets and serve with the remaining lemon half, cut into wedges, for squeezing. Serve with new potatoes and steamed broccoli, if you like.
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY