PEAT SMOKED HADDOCK, TOASTED CRUMPET, STONOWAY BLACK PUDDING, CHIVE FISH CREAM
400g boneless peat smoked haddock
2 toasting crumpets
200ml double cream
1 tablespoon chopped chives
2 x 100g slices of Stornoway black pudding
50ml white wine
50ml fish stock
• Pre-heat grill on high.
• Butter the haddock fillets and place on a baking sheet along with the black pudding.
• Cook under the grill for 6-7 minutes turning the black pudding once.
• Put the fish stock and white wine in a saucepan and season with a little salt.
• Place on a high heat and reduce until you have about 2 tablespoons of liquid left.
• Add the cream, bring to the boil. Reduce until it coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat, check if seasoning is required & add the chives.
• When the fish is cooked, remove from grill, and place the crumpets under for 2 minutes to toast.
• Share the cream sauce between 2 serving bowls, and put a toasted crumpet in the middle, top with the haddock and black pudding and garnish with a few fresh chives.