Langoustines With Garlic Butter
- 8 whole langoustines, shells on, split in half down the middle
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 75g/3oz unsalted butter, softened
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill (Or BBQ) to high.
- Place the split whole langoustines, cut-side up, onto a grill pan.
- Mix together the crushed garlic and 50g/2oz of the softened butter. Spread the mixture evenly over the langoustine flesh and season, to taste, with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Place under the preheated grill and cook until the langoustines are just cooked (the flesh will be opaque).
- Heat the remaining 25g/1oz unsalted butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the de-shelled langoustines and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Pan-Fry Whole Cooked Langoustines by melting garlic butter over a high heat, turn the heat down to medium, and add the cooked langoustines. Toss every now and then so they cook evenly and don't burn.