HONEY ROAST SCOTTISH SALMON FILLET, FRESH TOMATO, SAMPHIRE, LIME AND CORIANDER SALSA
1 tablespoon of honey
2 salmon fillets 180g each
4 large firm tomatoes
1 red chilli finely chopped
1 lime zest and juice
1 large clove of garlic thinly sliced
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
1 small onion halved and finely sliced
50g of samphire poached in boiling water for 1 minute and refreshed
Half cup of white wine
Salt to taste
Pinch of caster sugar
• Coat the top of the salmon with honey and season with sea salt.
• Place a pan of water big enough to cover the tomatoes on a high heat and bring to the boil.
• Cut the eye out of the tomatoes and make an X in the skin on the other side with a sharp knife.
• Have a bowl ready with iced water, then place the tomatoes in the boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes.
• Remove the tomatoes from the pan and straight into the iced water. When completely cooled the skin should come away easily.
• Quarter the tomatoes and remove the pulp and seeds then half each quarter and set aside.
• Place the salmon in the oven at 180° for 8-10 minutes.
• Add a little oil to a saucepan and on a medium heat add the onion, garlic and chilli. Sweat for 2-3 minutes, do not brown.
• Once soft add the white wine and reduce almost completely.
• Remove from the heat, season with salt, add a pinch of sugar and the lime juice and zest
• When cooled add the peeled and seeded tomatoes the poached samphire and check if seasoning is required.
• Remove the cooked salmon from the oven and place on warm serving plates, mix the fresh coriander into the salsa and serve alongside the fish.