- 700g floury potatoes
- 600ml milk
- 800g boneless white fish, skin on
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise or tartare sauce
- 100g plain flour, well seasoned, plus extra for your hands
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
- Herbs or Seasoning of your choice
- Boil your potatoes
- Poach your fish in milk, once the fish is translucent and just flaking remove from the pan. Remove the skin of the fish and flake into chunks.
Once the potatoes are cooked mash well.
- To the mash add the mayonnaise or tartare, a small dash of the poaching milk and your chosen herbs and seasoning. Then mash well again.
- Add the flaked fish and mix together until combined
- Using floured hands, divide mixture into whatever sized fish cakes your desire
Put the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs on 3 large plates. Dip each fish cake in turn into the flour, egg and finally the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess as you go. Sit the fish cakes on a piece of greaseproof paper while you prepare the others.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, then fry the fish cakes in batches for about 3 mins on each side, until golden and crisp. Keep the first batch warm in the oven while you finish cooking the rest.
- Serve and enjoy!
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY