Fish Cakes (Meal Plan)
- 450g/1lb potato, chopped into chunks
- 450g/1lb haddock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- For the mashed potato, bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes to the pot and cook until tender, this should take about 15 minutes. When cooked drain in a colander and leave to drain for a few minutes. Return to the pot and mash with a potato masher until a smooth consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Put fish on a roasting tin and cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until opaque and starting to flake. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and any bones and flake the fish into large chunks.
- Mix the fish, mashed potato, parsley and egg together until well combined. (Mix together carefully so as not to break up the fish too much.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 8-12 patties, depending on how large you want them to be and set aside to chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes until golden brown on each side and heated right through.
- Serve with tartare sauce and a simple salad.
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY