Easy Fish Pie
- Our Fish Pie Mix
- 400ml/14fl oz whole milk & an extra splash for the mash potatoes
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 80g/1½oz butter
- 40g/1½oz plain flour
- 150g/5½oz frozen peas
- 800g/1lb 12oz medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 100g/3½oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pour the milk into a large lidded pan and add the sliced onion and bay leaves. Add the fish and bring to a very gentle simmer, cover and cook for two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand and infuse for 20 minutes. Drain the fish through a colander into a bowl, then pour the milk into a jug.
- For the topping, boil the potatoes until soft, then mash with the butter, a splash of milk and three-quarters of the grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for a few seconds, then gradually add the infused milk, stirring constantly, and simmer over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thick. Stir in the peas and season with salt and black pepper.
- In an ovenproof dish create layers of the sauce & the fish. Top with the mash & sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden-brown and the filling is bubbling.
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY