CRISPFRIED BASS FILLET, BABY CAPER, APPLE AND SHRIMP CAESER SALAD
2 large Sea Bass fillets pin-boned and flesh scored (your fishmonger can do this for you)
70g cooked shrimp
2 heads of baby gem lettuce
1 Granny smith apple
60g of shaved Reggiano Parmesan
2 medium slices of ciabatta bread cut into chunks
4 salted tinned anchovies, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons of quality mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, grated
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of baby capers
• Coat the bread in a little olive oil, season with sea salt and place in a pre-heated oven at 170° for 8-10 minutes to crisp up.
• Season the bass fillets with sea salt and place into a warm frying pan with a little oil on a low heat, skin side down, for 5 to 6 minutes until skin is crisp, turn over and take off the heat. The residual heat will cook the fish.
• Put the mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar & anchovies in a bowl and mix to make the dressing.
• Tear the lettuce leaves apart and rinse and dry if necessary.
• Peel and core the apple and slice into match sticks.
• Put all salad ingredients including capers and shrimps in a large bowl, pour over dressing and gently toss until all the leaves are coated.
• Divide salad equally between 2 serving bowls and top with crisp bass fillet.