Crab and Ginger Tart
- 500g pack of shortcrust pastry
- 10cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 20g pack fresh parsley, preferably flat leaf
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g fresh white crabmeat
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 300ml crème fraîche
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200'C.
- Roll out the pastry to about 5mm thickness on a lightly floured surface and then line your tart tin.
- Line the pastry tin with greaseproof paper and fill it with baking beans. Bake blindly for 10-15 minutes then remove the baking beans and paper. Bake for a further 3-5 minutes until it is just cooked.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180'C
- Blend together the ginger with the parsley and 2 tbsp of sunflower oil to a coarse paste.
- Spread over the base of the tart and then scatter the crab meat over it.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and creme fraiche and season.
- Pour in the egg mixture once you have put the tart tin on a baking sheet.
- Bake the Tart for 30-35 minutes until just set.
- To make the dressing, mix together the onions, lime juice, chilli, soy sauce, sunflower oil and sugar with 1 tbsp water.
- Serve by drizzling some of the dressing over the tart.
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY