- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- knob of butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml/3½fl oz dry white wine
- 100ml/3½fl oz chicken stock
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 150ml/5fl oz mayonnaise
- 75ml/3fl oz crème fraîche
- 1 large mango, peeled, stone removed, flesh diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken. Scatter over the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Steam the chicken for 20–25 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the shallot and chilli and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a further minute. Add the wine and simmer until the volume of the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the jam and stock, and simmer until the volume of the liquid has reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the crème fraîche together in a bowl, then stir in the curry dressing. Fold in the mango, spring onions, lemon juice and coriander.
- Serve in a salad, pie, quiche or sandwich and enjoy!
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
UK MAINLAND DELIVERY